Friday 25 September 2015

Truly living just isn't possible when you are consumed by your eating disorder

I was hopeful that I could still be happy and have a life while living with anorexia for the first few years of my illness. It was only once I had been completely miserable for such a long time that I finally realised that my life wouldn't get better whilst my anorexia was controlling me. This moment was a very important moment in my recovery as it is the moment that I truly started wanting recovery.

I suppose the reason why I was eventually prepared to do whatever I needed to do in order to recover was becauuse I truly started to want happiness, more then I wanted to be thin. And thank goodness I realised that the only way I would ever be happy was if I recovered. I suppose it is quite true what people say, that you need to hit 'rock bottom' before you become ready to make the changes that you need to make, in order to get better

The message I am trying to get accross in this post is that no matter what you may do to try and live a good life and be happy whilst you are living with anorexia, you will never be able to do these things. I know that I usually say that anything is possible a long as you believe in yourself however I do not believe that this is true in this instance. No matter how hard you try, you wil never live a happy and proper life while your anorexia is controlling you.



My life has got so much better since I have made so much recovery progress. I have become more confident and have started going out and enjoying myself more. I have made some wonderful new friends and I have reconnnected with old friends who I lost contact with when I got sick. I have become so happy, positive and bubbly in my everyday life and Ialways have a genuine smile on my face. Iam happy with who I am and for the first time in my life, I truly feel proud of everything I ave achieved and the person that I am.

Please, you deserve to be truly happy and to live a wonderful life but the only way that this is going to happen is if you fight and recover. I know that you have what it takes to recover, so don't put it off ny longer. The sooner you start making recvery progress, the sooner you wiill be living the wonderul life that you truly deserve to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment