Wednesday 23 September 2015

Completely exhausted

I though I was coping ok with being so busy lately but over the last few days, the exhaustion really has hit me like a tonne of bricks. I feel a bit like a zombie and even though I am getting lots of sleep each night, it really seems to be making no difference at all. Yesterday was my worst day of all and I actually felt as though I was going to fall asleep while driving to work yesterday morning. My boss noticed how low I seemed and asked me if everything was ok. I assured her that I am fine and that I am just tired (which is the truth).


Along with the exhaustion, I have also been getting headaches which is quite unlike me so it is possible that I may have become iron defficient. This is something that has happened to me in the past and has caused me to feel the same way that Iam currently feeling before so perhaps I should get a blood test and get it checked out. It is really starnge that I commonly get iron defficient as my dad has the complete opposite disorder whereby his body absorbs too much iron which leaves him feeling exhausted and drained too.

I have the day off tomorrow (thankgod) so I am going to make the most of it and try and rest as much as possible. I think that my mind and body really just need a day of proper rest so that I can re-energise and get back to being my cheerful and happy self. Even though I am physically and mentally so much better now, I still have to remember that I have put my body and mind through a lot over the past few years and it is therefore no surprise that I can get run down every now and then. I suppose that feeling exhausted and unwell is just my bodies way of telling me tthat I have to slow down and take it easy for a while.

And I also have to remember that I am still in recovery and that recovery uses extra energy too. Not only for physical repair but also in orderfor me to keep battling my anorexia mentally too. Although my anorexia is becoming a smaller part of my life every single day,  to keep on fighting continuously does wear you out eventually. All I can do is try and listen to my body as much as I possibely can and to look after myself my providing my body with all of the energy and rest it needs.







4 comments:

  1. Heeeeey Karly :) <3 I am so sorry to hear you are feeling exhausted, as this is always not such a nice feeling and it makes it difficult to cope with :) but you are so much on the right track by telling yourself you now need to rest and take a break :) your body needs time to fuel up again and afterwards it will be so much more energized :) Hope so much you´ll feel better soon ;)
    Sending you lots of strength and endurace :)
    xxx Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ange! You are such a lovely girl and your kind words of encouragement always cheer me up! I hope you are doing ok gorgeous. Remember you contain all the stregth you need to beat your anorexia. Please keep fighting and never give up! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so run down Karly. I hope that you are feeling much better after a day of rest tomorrow. Sending you love, hugs, strength and energy to feel better soon. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie! I had a great rest day and am feeling compleely read and energized to keep on fighting! <3 Stay strong gorgeous! xx

      Delete