Tuesday 29 September 2015

And then... It rained

I has been raining since about 3 o'clock this morning which is a huge relief. I am trying to be positive by seeing  the rain as a sign that today will be a much better day then yesterday and that the thing that has been worrying me since yesterday, is going to be ok. To most people, rain is probably seen as a negative thing however when you live on a farm, it is literally like gold.

We are currently in a drought and since my family have a farm, this effects us sigificantly. There is currently no grass for the sheep and we also have no pasture to fatten our lambs on this summer. This means we will either have to pay to agist our sheep elsewhere or we will have to sell them off really early which will also make us lose a lot of money.

I don't know if the rain will stop for long enough for me to take Tess for a quick walk before work or not. Getting out and clearing my head would probably do me some good but at the same time, I am finding it really difficult to get motivated to do anything. I have 1000 thoughts racing around my mind and I just hope with all of my heart that everything works out today and the thing I am worried about will be resolved.

I hope that everyone has a good day. And remember that no matter how bad things may seem, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. This is what I keep telling myself anyway.







2 comments:

  1. I love the rain. There's something so comforting about it. Hope you're ok lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the rain is one of my favourite things. Have you ever danced in the rain before? It really is the most aamazing feeling! XX

      Delete