Sunday 13 September 2015

A great day

I wasn't really expecting to do anything today however it ended up being a really great day. My friend from Hobart rang me this morning and said she was keen to come u to Swansea to visit me which I was excited about. I took Tess for a long walk before she arrived and then we both went down to the beach once she arrived as it was a relly nice day. 

We sat and chatted for ages in the sun and then we had some lunch at the bakery. We both got a delicious meat and salad roll and then headed to my parents house. Only my dad and little sister were home so I introduced them both to my friend and we stayed for a little visit. Amy came back to my place after that and we went to the beach. We had our bathers on so waded in the water even though the water was freezing cold.

It was so nice to finally have some nice weather that we didn't want to be inside so we stayed outside practically all afternoon. We got an icecream before walking back to my place where we stayed until about 5pm. In that time we decided to book our  airline tickets to Brisbane which is where our cruise is departing from. We took Amy back home and ended up staying for tea. 

We had roast lamb and vegetables which was delicious and I really enjoyed not having to cook. Once the thought of eating wit hthe rest of my family like that would have terrified me but tonight I honestly just enjoyed it. And it made it even better that my friend was there too. We sayed until quite late and had some apple crumble and icecream for dessert, just before we left. 

I was so glad hat Jocelyn decided to stay the night tonight as it really has made this weekend a really great one. Luckily she doesnt have to start work until 12:00 tomorrow so she has plenty of time to drive back to Hobart and get ready for work. I am so glad that I met Jocelyn as she is such a nice girl and such good company. 

I better get to sleep now so that I am not too tired tomorrow when I start another long week of work. I even have to work next weekend so wont have much time for a break at all. Goodnight everyone. I hope your weekend has been wonderful and that your week ahead is just as great. x


No comments:

Post a Comment