Tuesday 1 September 2015

Cant forget to eat

In a way, I think it is a good thing that I am thinking about food so much less lately as this just means that I have so many other things to think about and food isn't necessarily always on my mind anymore. In saying this however, I know I still need to be careful not to cut my intake down through forgetting to eat.

I have always suggested to my readers that being busy is not an excuse not to eat enough and I still believe this 100%! It really can be hard sometimes though, as I dont always feel hungry and I often feel as though I am only eating for the sake of it and that I am not listening to my bodies hunger cues at all. 

I am starting to feel ready to start eating intuitively, however I am worried that if I only listen to my hunger cues, I wont be eating enough as I really am not getting hungry lately. Perhaps if I continue eating the same amounts for my main meals but just try to eat intuitively for my snacks that would be ok? thThe other option is probably to eat as I currently am on the days I am working throughout the week but then trying to eat intuitively on the weekends. As my weekends are usually pretty crazy at the moment anyway. 

I think that it is incredibely important that I keep in mind the fact that I am still in recovery from an eating disorder and that recovery still needs to remain my biggest priority. Even though my mind is getting better every single day I know I am not quite fully recovered yet and I refuse to stop fighting until I reach full recovery.


On that note, I am hungry at the moment so I am off to make myself some breakfast. Have a good day everyone. X

No comments:

Post a Comment