Sunday 27 September 2015

My weekend so far

This really has been a good weekend away. We got away at abot 11 o'clock and started the drive to Launceston, quickly calling in to see my family on the way. We stopped at Campbelltown to get some fuel and we also got some lunch at Subway. Although I used to eat subway a little, even when I was sick, this was the first time I have had it with yummy filling as I always just used to get boring low calorie salads. This time I had a chicken schnitzel sub with cheese and salad and I really enjoyed it.

We arrived in Launceston just before 2 o'clock which worked out well as this meant we could check straight in to our hotel. I was nervous about driving in Launcmeston, especially since I had my cousin with me but we found the hotel really easily. After checking in we went into the mall to do some shopping. We both found some nice clothes and had a good time exploring Launceston. We got frozen yoghurt which was AMAZING. I tried the nutella, mango and berry flavours and added lots of fresh fruit on top. I wasnt quite sure how nutella frozen yoghurt would taste but it was my favourite flavour!

We came back to our hotel room where we got ready while lostening to music. Then we walked to the Seaport which is where we were booked in to have tea. After trying to decide on what to have, I finally ordered potato gnocci with and My cousin had the fish and chips. I was so pleased with the choice I made as I really enjoyed it and ate it all. We then headed to the Lee Kernaghan concert where we bought some Lee merchandise before going inside. I got a tanktop as well as a new cd as my last cd got stuck in my cd player when I had my car accident so I lost it.

The show was brilliant with some old songs we could sing along to as well as some excellent new ones. The second half of the show was dedicated to the Anzacs so all of the songs represented stories of different soldiers who have fought throughout history to make Australia the wonderful country it is today. It really was a moving experience hearing the stories of our anzacs and Lee Kernaghan did an excellent job. When the show finished, we walked back to the hotel where we stayed up and  chatted for a while before going to bed.

Right now it is 7:15 am and I am just waiting for my cousin to get up so that we can go down stairs and get breakfast. I dont know what I will have but I am thinking maybe poached eggs on toast. We dont really have any big plans for the rest of the day. We will probably just do a little more shopping before we head back home sometime this morning. I am kind of dreadinggoing back to work tomorrow and out of the next 20 days I am only  going to  have 2 days off as I have to work the next two weekends. I know I just need to keep looking forward to my cruise and thinking about the extra money I can save and I will get through it.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. Take this chance to step outside your comfort zone and do something fun. Even if this  may cause you a little anxiety, just remember that it will soon pass however the wonderful memories you make will last a lifetime. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Karly, look at everything you've been getting up to! You're simply amazing and I really hope that you had a fantastic time! From the photos it looks like you did! You look so glammed up and glamorous! Take care lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me of how supportive you are Annie and of how genuinely happy you get for others even when you are not able to experience those types of tthings for yourself yet. Keep fighting gorgeous and I hope to see similar posts to this one on your blog in the near future :) xxx

      Delete