Thursday 6 August 2015

Day 30: Hopes for your blog

I think that all of my regular readers already know what my blog means to me and what I want to achieve through my blog but since this question is the final question of my blog challenge, I am going to answer it anyway.

I had two main reasons for starting my blog. These were that I wanted to find a way to express myself which would hopefully help me in my own anorexic recovery. The other reason I decided to start my blog was because I wanted to help inspire other people to recover, as it was through reading recovery blogs I was inspired to recover myself. Since starting my blog, I honestly feel as tough I have been able to achieve all of these things.

Firstly, I know that I would not be where I am in my recovery if it was not for my blog. Not only has my blog been the place that I could express myself and organise the thoughts that would have otherwise remained jumbled in my mind, but it has also allowed me to connect with many wonderful people who have supported me immensely. Before I sarted my blog, I really did feel as though I was trying to recover on my own but fortunately, I no longer feel as though this is the case.

Even more importantly, I have been able to make a positive difference to people who are both suffering and/or recovering from an eaing disorder. Ever since I got sick myself, my biggest dream has been to help others suffering from eating disorders but I knew that in order to do this, I had to get well myself first. I think it is so wonderful that I have been able to do both of these things all at once. Hearing people say that I have made a positive difference to their recoveries really means the world to me.

So my hopes for my blog in the future is to contiue doing exactly what I am doing. I want to continue to document my recovery, atleast until I make a full recovery so that I can prove to everyone out there suffering from an eating disorder that it is possible to recover. No matter how awful it may seem and no matter how painful it may be, it is possible to make a full recovery, all you have to do is keep fighting.

I dont only want to show everyone that recovery is possible, I also want to make the actual recovery process less painful for anyone who may be going through it. I want anyone suffering to realise that there are other people out there who understand and that they are not alone. I do not know how long I will continue to blog for but I hope that my blog can still be used as a resource to anyone recovering, even after I stop writing new posts one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment