Saturday 8 August 2015

Not every day is good, but there is good in every day

Something that I truly believe is that no matter how hard things get or no matter how bad a day may seem, there will always be some postives that you can concentrate on if you really want to. I believe that by identifying what is positive about every day, this helps you to stay happy and also helps you to appreciate each and every day. Aferall, everyday really is a gift that we should be thankful for. And I think recovery is so much easier when you are happy and positive.

Sometimes I get down and start feeling negative and I know that this is because I am concentrating too much on the negatives and not enough on the positives. For the next week, I am going to list 5 positives from each day which I hope will help me to stay positive and happy. Life really is too short to spend it being unhappy. Feel free to comment the positive part of your day in the comments section of my post. I would love to hear about all of the wonderful things happening in your lives.  

My five positives for today

1. Although the day started off cold, by lunch time it had warmed up beautifully and the sun was shining nice and brightly. Even though I was inside for most of the day, it was still quite pleasant when I walked Tess this afternoon which was a nice change.

2. Even though it was only 10 degrees in the shop this morning where I was working, I felt fine as I no longer suffer from the cold as I once did. In fact I probably felt the least cold out of everyoe working today.

3. Since I knocked off work at 4:30, I had enough time after work to walk Tess and then cook myself a yummy tea. I had baked chicken breast schnitzel, mashed pumpkin and potato with gravy and boiled vegetables. It was delicious!

4. I had a relatively good body image day. I dont know if it was because I was busy all day or if I am just starting to accept my body more but I have barely fet self conscious about my body or how I look all day which has felt great.

5. I ate some really yummy snacks today that I really enjoyed and my anorexia didn't make me feel to guilty after eating them either which was even better. I have a real sweet tooth so I really enjoyed eating these delicious snacks today.

 3 fresh Strawberries, 2 mini iced cupcakes and 1 frothy hot chocolate
1 bowl of vanilla icecream topped with 1 whole crushed cadbury flake chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment