Thursday 20 August 2015

You never know what others are going through

Today when I was at work, I found myself wondering what all of the customers I was serving were going through in their personal lives. Sometimes, you see something that makes you wonder whether a person is battling something big in their lives. For example, if you see some cuts on a persons wrist you may wonder if they self harm or if you see an unnaturally skinny person, you cant help but wonder whether they have anorexia or not.

But then, So many diferent things do not have obvious phyical symptoms too. You cant tell by looking at someone if they have bulimia (or many other eating disorders for that matter), alcoholism, bi-polar, anxiety, cancer etc. Someone may have an abusive partner or may have been sexually abused or may have lost a child to cancer or in an accident. You just never know what anyone has been through.

This is why, I always try to be really polite and kind to everyone I meet, no matter what. Even if that person is not particulary friendly to me, I still treat them with the same amount of kindness, as I have no way of knowing what they could be going through. It is not my place to judge anyone I don't know, or even anyone I do know for that matter and I will always try my absolute hardest to bring a smile to the face of every person I meet.

Without even realising it, just by being polite and friendly you could be making the world of difference to somebodies life. When you make someone smile, you could be making them smile for the one and only time that day. Never underestimate just how much a smile or a few kind words can mean to someone. Even if someone does not appear to be in a happy or friendly mood, this is all the more reason to be nice as these are the types of people who often need to be cheered up the most.





5 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful person with such a beautiful heart <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Annie, that means a lot. Something that I find interesting is that every anorexic person Ihave ever met is always incredibely kind and caring. Perhaps this is something to do with the typical anorexic personality as anorexics always seem to put others first and no care about themselves enough? xx

      Delete
  2. I think you're right. I know I always put others before myself because I don't feel worthy or deserving and like you say, don't care about myself enough. Are you the same? Or has it got better with your recovery?

    I think also people might be kind and caring towards you because you're such a lovely person!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And I have always wished I coud experience other peopes pain instead of them. For example if someone else is going through something difficult that is causing them pain, I wish that it could be me going through it instead as I feel as though their hapiness is more important than my own if that makes sense? xx

      Delete
  3. That makes complete sense, I am exactly the same!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete