Monday 10 August 2015

Recovery tattoo

My brother text me a couple of days ago asking me if I wanted to go with him someday soon to get a tattoo. I was so happy that my brother thought to ask me if we wanted to go and get tattoos together. I thought it was incredibely sweet that out of all the people he could have asked, he chose to instead ask me.

I really feel as though I have a much better relationship with my brothers now that I am so much better and I think that this is because they are so proud of me and happy for me for everything I have achieved. Getting a tattoo is something I have been thinking about doing for some time now, but I think that now is a good time to get a recovery tattoo, as I really have come a long way in my recovery.

I have had mixed feeling about what I wanted my tattoo to say/be, but I have finally decided what I would like. I know that Imfefinetely want to get the phrase 'SHE BELIEVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID.' I am not 100% sure if I will just get the writing or if I will get a bird of other image as well and I am also not quite sure where I want to get it.

I really love tattoos on the back but dont think I would like one myself, as I would never get to see it. Because this tattoo has a special meaning to me, I want to have it placed somewhere Where Inwill be able to see it and enjoy it. But i also dont want it somewhere incredibely obvious either.

Does anyone have any suggestions about wherevthey think I should get a tattoo? Or about whether I should get just writing or whether I should get a picture too. I know that it has to be my choice as I am going to be stuck with it for the rest of my life but I would love to hear your thoughts too.

The phrase I have finally decided I want

I think that birds Tattoos are really beautiful

To me birds symbolise freedom which is also relevent to my recovery journey
 
If I decide to just get the phrase, I may get a birr tattoo as a second one
 
I love this tattoo (both the image and the position) but I would never get to see it. SO IF i got a tattoo in this spot I would want another one as well, somewhere I could see. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one! :) because your really believed - so you did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I had heard thhis quote before but I never really truly appreciated the meaning behind it until I actually believed in myself and made all of the progress I have. :) x

      Delete