Wednesday 19 August 2015

Just need to keep moving forward

The most important advice I think that can ever be given is to just keep moving forward, no matter what. No matter what goes wrong or what mistakes you may make, nothing is ever too hard to overcome.

This is what I have continued to do, time and time again throughoout my recovery so far and this is exactly what I intend to do to move past this latest accident I was in. I can't bring my car back and I know that no matter how much I worry and feel guilty for what happened, I cant change the past. I know that I just need to accept what has happened and keep moving forward and fighting for the life I deserve to live.

Since having my accident, I have started looking at a few things a little differently. Firstly, knowing that I could have so easily died today makes me realise just how much I have been taking my life for granted. To me, this gives me even more reason to keep fighting my anorexia, so that I can truly make the most of this wonderful life that I have.

I also know that I could have also been really badly injured in the accident and this has made me appreciate my body for everything it does for me and has made me want to treat it with the respect it truly deserves. I am lucky enough to still have all of my organs and limbs working perfectly well so now I feel as though I want to look after them all, as best as I possibly can.

As much as I try, I know that I am not going to be able to just forget my accident however I am still going to try my absolute hardest to just keep moving forward, as I always do. To be honest, I have actually taken what has happened reasonabely well and I honestly think it is because of everything I have already been through in my life so far.

I think I already have already deeloped a pretty good idea of what is truly important in life throughout my illness and luckily, I still have all of those things. So for now, I just plan to stay grateful for all of the wonderful things I have left in my life and to keep moving forward, using all of the strength and determination I know that I contain.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing and beautiful person, both inside and out. Your words never cease to inspire me! Take care lovely xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie. Battling an eating disorder really has made me strong. Even though you may not always feel like it, I know that you are an incredibely strong person too and this is partly due to everything you have bee through. It really is true that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I know that you can get through anything! <3 xx

      Delete