Thursday 27 August 2015

Why recovery is worth it

Sometimes, you may find yourself wondering whether recovery is worth it or not. I know that I sometimes have these types of thoughts anyway. It is so easy to feel this way because recovery is such a long and difficult process and it really is painful too. But then there are other times that remind us exactly why we chose recovery, even though it is painful and not the easiest option.

Today I suggested to my little sister that we go and get a icecream from the shop when I picked her up from school. Amy picked out one of the chocoate cookie crumble icecreams and I walked straight over  to the other side of the freezer, where the lower calorie icecreams were. I couldn't decide what sort of icecream I was going to getand I couuld tell Amy was getting impatient.

Amy knew I wanted to try the new flavour of Magnum icecream so asked me why I wasn't trying it too. When Amy asked me this question it became so obvious that my anorexia was the only thing stoppping me from getting the icecream I really wanted. So at that moment I reached my hand into the freezer and pulled out one of the magnums and proudly replied to her 'I am!'

Amy and I sat outside of the shop, Happily enjoying our icecreams while we chatted and laughed together. I was so happy to be there with Amy and eating such a delicious icecream (we decided it is the best flavour of Magnum) that I forgot all about feeling guilty or anxious. This is just one example of many wonderful little moments that remind me of what I am fighting for and make me think, 'yes, recovery is definetely worth it.'




2 comments:

  1. Aw what a fantastic story! I am so proud of you! This is such an amazingly wonderful achievement for you. Another battle won in your war against anorexia. You're doing so well, no matter how difficult it is. You're such an amazing role model! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie, that means a lot. <3 x

      Delete