Sunday 9 August 2015

Making mistakes on my blog

This is a really random post, but it is just something I have been thinking about a little lately so I thought I would write a post about it.

I know that some of my posts have typos in them and this may be due to me being in a hurry when I write/publish my posts and therefore may not have enough time to thouroughly proof read them. My keyboard is also quite dodgy so as I am typing, it does not always register when I push each letter, which is why lettters are sometimes missed out from the middles of some of my words. The other reason why I make typos is because... I am human.

I thought that this was a really important point to make as it leads to the simple truth that nobody is perfect and that everybody makes mistakes. It is hard for me when I notice typos in old posts and sometimes I fix them when I see them. Othertimes, if there are just one or two tiny mistakes, I just leave them.

This may seem strange but I actually do this for two reasons. The first reason is because I am working on my perfectionism and find that this really helps me to let go of that unrealistic expectation of myself to be perfect all of the time. While not every post I publish is perfect (far from it in fact) I am still proud of each post as they each depict something that is very important to me.

The other reason I do not always fix typos that I notice is because I want to remind you, as my readers that no one is perfect. The fact that you keep reading my blog, despite my typos ttells me that you are willing to accept me as a person whether I am perfect or not. So i you are willing to accept me even when I am not perfect, you should also be willing to accept yourself too.

I also know that my punctuation is not perfect and I may not be the best writer around but I think that what I write is real and I think that most people will be able to relate to me better if they just see me as a normal every day girl. I am not an author or a professional writer, I am just a girl with a blog! To me, my blog is like a journal or diary and if I changed the way that I write, I would no longer feel as though it was 'mine'.

I have noticed people correct other blog authors on their blogs when they make typos or spelling mistakes and can I just take the chance to thank all of my readers for never doing this to me. I know I make mistakes but really appreciate the fact that yor never point them out to me. I find that if other people expect me to be perfect, my perfectionism gets worse and that is obviouslly then somplete opposite of what I want  to achieve right now.

Please remember that nobody is perfect. You should not expect yourself to be perfect and nobody should expect you to be perfect either. We are all human and make mistakes sometimes. As long as we learn from the big mistakes we make, then it is ok to make them. And you will most likely find that little mistakes we make, dont really matter at all.









No comments:

Post a Comment