Tuesday 18 August 2015

Oh Crap...

Ok, so I have unfortunately had a huge morning. I don't even really know where to start but I feel as though I need to let everything out and my blog has always been the place where I can do that, so here it goes.

This morning whilst I was on my way to work, I got caught in some loose gravel and had a really bad car accident. I totally flipped  my car (which is now completely destroyed). I pulled myself out of my car through the  smashed window (whilst it was still upside down) and a car stopped to help me. Luckily I was ok, although I really don't know how I was. If you had seen my car you would not have expected the driver to be ok but luckily I was.

My dad came and waited with me until the ambulance arrived. I didn't think I needed an ambulance but the couple who first stopped and helped me called me the ambulance anyway. So I really had to wait and go back to the hospital in the ambulance where I was checked over by my doctor. The fire engine, police, SES and paramedic also all arrived whilst I was still there at the scene. Besides some grazes on my face and some bruising to the rest of my body I am completely fine which really is amazing.

I am just so happy that no one was coming in the other direction as I crossed onto the wrong side of the road before hitting a road sign and rolling. I seriously would never have been able to forgive myself if I had hurt somebody else in the accident too. It was so awful and scary and I just so wish that I could turn back time and live the morning over again but unfortunately I cant do that.

 I know I just need to be thankful that I am ok as I so easily could have died during the accident. I am also happy that I did not have anyone else in the car with me as that would have been awful also. So for now, I just have to rest and consider myself lucky that I am ok. Yes it sucks that my car was not insured but atleast I still have my old car so I will still be able to get to work each day, once I am well enough to go back.

As my mum said, this is nothing compared to what I have been through in my life however it is still obviously very unfortuate that it has happened. I know that I can get through this, I just need to be strong and keep looking after myself.


11 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! Lucky you're safe! What did the doctor say? And how many days have you got at home now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, Yes I was very lucky. the doctors said that I was fine and that I just need to rest for as long as I need to. I am feeling fine today so am going to work as I would ratheer be bus then just sit around worrying. x

      Delete
  2. So glad you are safe. Cars are replaceable but you aren't. Maybe you should take a couple of days off to get over the accident. My thoughts and prayers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sonya for your support and kindness. x

      Delete
  3. God, Karly, I am so sorry, but so relieved to hear that you are alright! You must be quite shaken though, but well done for coping with it as well as you are. Love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura, I know I will be ok and get through this like everything else. <3 x

      Delete
  4. Oooooh Karly this makes me so sad to read .... :( but I am soooooo so glad you are as fine as even possible ;) luckily only your car got damaged and not you ;) stay strong my dear and I hope so much times will be brighter soon :) you can make it through it;)
    xxx Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ange. Things will get better, I know I just need to keep fighting no matter what. xx

      Delete
  5. Omgosh Karly, I am so sorry to read about what happened to you. I just want to run over and give you a big hug and tell you that everything will be ok. I'm just so glad that you are safe and well and only your car got destroyed. Like you say, cars can be replaced. I'm thinking of you so very much after your traumatic morning. Sending you bunches of love and hugs too. Take care lovely xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie. I could have used a hug! I am overwhelmed by how much support I have from all over the world. I dont know what I would do without you and everyone else who is continuously there for me, no matter what. <3 xx

      Delete
    2. I'm always here for you, if there's anything I can do <3 xx

      Delete