Thursday 6 August 2015

Day in the city

I got up this morning and walked Tess early so that I could be ready when my mum picked me up at 8:30am as we were going to Hobart for the day. My little sister had a Netball day and I also had my dermatoloist appointment so it worked out well for us all to head down together.

The trip to Hobart went surprisingly fast and we were in Hobart before we knew it. My Dermatologist appointment went really well and I am happy that I decided to go. I had second thoughts about whether I should go or not as my skin actually isn't too bad at the moment and also because the appointment was going to be really expensive.  However in the end I decided to go as iknew that if I didn't go, my skin would most llikely get bad again.

After asking me some questions and inspecting my skin, he told me that I actually have quite good skin and it is not really acne prone skin. He told me that the acne itself is not the problem for me, but instead the problem is that I pick at any spots I do get. I expected the dermatologist to just tell me to stop but he was actually extremely understanding about it. He told me that he realised that the picking was related to my anxiety and that it was a compulsion.

He said that the best course of action would be too stop myself from getting any spots in the first place so that I am not even tempted to pick. He has given me some strong ointment and also a tablet that will hopefully do the trick and prevet me from getting any pimples at all. And if I ever do get  pimple, I just have to try my absolute hardest to leave it alone and not to squeeze/pick it. As if I do not break the skin, bacteria will not be able to enter the sores and cause an infection.

While in Hobart I also bought myself a new pair of black flats for me to wear to work, the fourth season of Pretty Little Liars and also did some grocery shopping as well. Right now I am travelling back home in the car with mum and Amy. I am in the back as Amy gets car sickness so needs to sit in the front seat. On that note, looking down is starting to make me feel car sick too so I am going to have to leave this post here. I hope that everyone has had a good day! :)

 

2 comments:

  1. I hope the outcome of the dermatologist appointment works out well for you and hopefully will heal up/stop any future infections you may get. It sounds like it went well and you got good results from going. I understand about anxiety leading you to pick at your skin. I do the same, there's a name for it too, it's called Dermatillomania. I don't know if you've ever heard of it before, but maybe you can research it and find ways to help you? I find distracting yourself is really helpful. You look so beautiful in the photo in this post! Sending you love and hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, that is really interesting. I havent ever heard of that before. I might have a look online! Yes distracting myself is definetely the best thing that helps me as well as avoiding situations that make me anxious in the first place. <3 xx

      Delete