Thursday 13 August 2015

Yoga Mindfullness

Not only do I really enjoy yoga and find it physically beneficial, but I also find it mentally beneficial as well. Last night whilst at yoga our instructor said something quite amazing while we were 'looking into our hearts' She said;
The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are,
The second greatest is being happy with what you find.

I thought that this was an amazing message as well as message that is very true. Finding out who you are is important and difficult in life, but so is accepting who you are. To me, being 'happy with what you find' means to trully accept yourself, as the person you are supposed to be. I believe that this means accepting who I trully am, both on the inside and he outside too. 

While I have been trying hard to accept the person I am supposed to be in regards to the way I look and my body, I have not really been working on accepting myself, in the ways that matter most. I now realise that I also must learn to accept myself for my personality and for the type of person I am. Afterall, it was not only my body that I have grown up to hate, it was the rest of me as well. 

So for me, my journey for recovery, health and happiness will not only involve learning to accept myself for what is on the ouside, but also for what is on the inside too.



No comments:

Post a Comment