Saturday 4 July 2015

Am I sharing too much on my blog sometimes?

Sometimes I worry that I share a little too much on my blog. I know that anyone in the world can read my blog but I find it so hard not to just right out absolutely everything I am feeling as my blog really is like my own personal diary. I really don't mind sharing everything about myself tht I share, but I do wonder about whether or not I should share the information I have shared about my family, for example about my mum.

I know that my mum would be angry if she knew I had written about her on my blog but it makes me feel so much better when I can get all of my thoughts out and I never go into great detail about what goes on in our home. I would like to ask some advice from my readers. What do you all think? Do you think it is wrong for me to write about personal things that conncern me but also the rest of my family? I would love your advice on this.

I really do trust all of my usual readers with this type of information but I probably need to remember that EVERYONE can read my blog, even my mum if she searched for it (not that I think she would as she barely knows how to use a computer). I am looking forward to hearing your opinions on this! :) x




4 comments:

  1. Hi Karly, I personally love how honest you are on your blog and how much you share. It is also good that you feel better having written it all down. However, I do get what you're saying about some of it being about other people. Im assuming that Amy knows that you write about her? That's something that maybe is a little sensitive as she is quite young, however if she has given you her permission then it's fine! Also I think because you are just writing down your thoughts and feelings and factual information about what's going on then it's alright, however if you feel uncomfortable doing this then it is fine to stop. At the end of the day it's about what you feel confident doing as its your blog. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right in everythnig you have said and it has been really helpful and reassuring to hear this from somebody else so thank you, I really appreciate it! Ithink I will continue to blog as I currently do however I probably shouldnt go into great detail about anyone elses problems, perhaps just talk about how they directly affect me? And Amy knows that I blog and is ok about me mentioning her, however I would never share anything really personal about her. Thanks again<3 xx

      Delete
  2. I think your honesty is refreshing. If you are happy to share what you share, then go ahead and continue! It's not hurting anyone, in fact, it is helping you especially if you use your blog as an online diary. As long as it keeps on helping you, write what you feel like writing. Writing under a restriction is so debilitating, I think you should do what is best to continue helping yourself! It's your blog, you should have 100% right to choose what to write about. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying this Annie! I is exactly wha I needed to hear and your so right, it does help me a lot so I think I will keep writing the way I currently am :) xx

      Delete