Friday 17 July 2015

Committing to Recovery

I spent years of my life coming up with lots of reasons why I couldn't or shouldn't recover. I knew that I didn't want to be sick anymore, but I wasn't ready to try and get well either. I felt like recovering was simply too hard so I spent my time trying to blame other people or things for my anorexia. When I failed to make any true progress in my recovery, I would blame the problems I was having with my mum or something  else that was going on in my life but I can see now that I was wrong to do this.

It was only once I realised that I was the thing stopping myself from recovering and that I was the one who had to change in order for me to recover that I actually committed to my recovery and started to make some progress. Sometimes life is hard and unfair but you really need to fight anyway no matter what. Fighting your anorexia is about so much more then just fighting your thoughts, it is about fighting for your life.

Unfortunately no one can recover for you. No one else can take the pain that recovery involves for you. You are the one who needs to fight and push thhrough the pain. Even though it was not your fault that you developed anorexia, it is your responsibility to take hold of your life and recover from it. So as hard as it may be, try to stop blaming the people around you for not being able to get better and stop waiting for things to get better on their own, because that wont happen.

In order to recover you need to fully committ to your recovery and not let anyone or anything stand in your way. Be strong and keep fighting, you just need to believe in yourselves the way that I believe in you all <3








No comments:

Post a Comment