Monday 27 July 2015

Knowing when you are physically recovered

It can be hard to tell when you are physically recovered or getting close to being fully recovered physically. It is really difficult to know when you should start to cut down on your calorie intake during recovery, especially if you are trying to recover on your own. I used the following indicators to help me decide when to reduce my intake slightly...

1. I reached a healthy bmi as well as the goal weight that my doctor set for me
2. My bones no longer stuck out unaturally as they used to do
3. I could fit nicely into normal sized clothes once again
4. I no longer felt the cold or suffered from poor circulation like I once dd
5. My pulse rate is normal
6. My figure has returned to the same shape it was before I got anorexia
7. My energy levels increased significantly, as did my strength
8. People no longer stared at me or commented on me being thin
10. My family all told me how fantastic I was looking and told me how proud they were of me

There are still a few indicators that I am not completely physically recovered however which is why I am still eating a recovery intake (more than 2500 calories). These include...

1. I still havent had a natural period
2. My stomach still bloats sometimes and I have a few digestion issues

I am really glad that I have reached a healthy weight and I am even happier that I am able to accept my body at this weight. It is really important that you do not reduce your intake as soon as you reach a minimally acceptable bmi as this does not indicate you have reached a healthy and recovered body state. If you reduce your intake too soon, while you may be an acceptable weight, your internal organs will not be fully repaired and your metabolism and bodily functions may not work efficiently. 

July 2013

July 2015
I think you can even see a huge difference in my face between these two photos. I think my face looks much healthier now. In the first photo my face even looks much thinner then Amy's and Amy is 8 years younger then me.


1 comment: