Sunday 12 July 2015

Day 5: Your proudest moment

I am not really sure what my absolute proudest moment would be but I suppose the ones that are freshest in my mind and that also mean a lot to me are the moments that people have noticed that I am getting better and have made me feel proud. These people have been people that are really important to me which is why, I suppose it meant so much. I know that some comments can be triggering to someoe while they are recoverig however fortunately my family have been really sensitive to this and have chosen their words very carefully so that I have not been upset.

Firstly, when I heard what my little brother had said about me when talking to my mum I felt so proud. He said something like 'Anything is possible Mum, just look at Karly! I didn't even know that my brother had noticed I was getting better but the fact that he noticed and made this comment meant the world to me and made me feel incredibely proud of myself. Hearing Luke reffer to me in this way, as though I am some kind of inspiration is a truly amazing feeling and something I will never forget.

My mum also paid me a comment that made me feel really good as my mum has never really complimented me throughout my life on the way I look. She said, 'Karly, you are starting to look absolutely gorgeous and so stunning.' So hearing this from mum meant a lot to me and did make me feel proud of how far I have come. By saying that I am 'starting' to look gorgeous made the compliment so much better too as this meant that my anorexia couldn't make me feel awful about it, like it could have if she had just said I look gorgeous now (as this would have made me feel as though I shouldn't gain anymore weight.)

My dad is also sensitive to the fact that some comments although they may be intended as a compliment can upset me so he just gave me a huge hug and told me how proud he was of me, which made me feel proud also. Although all of these things have made me feel roud, I know that the proudest moment of my life is still yet to come. My ultimate proudest moment will be the day that I declare myself as completely recovered. Recovery is such a hard and long battle and when I get to the end of this battleI will be incredibely proud of everything I have achieved. I will also be proud of the fact that I would have proved to my readers as well s myself that recovery is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment