Wednesday 8 July 2015

No more Wednesday weigh-ins

This is the first Wenesday morning in a long time that I havent bothered to weigh myself and it feels fantastic. I know that I am not going to spend the day worrying about how much weight I have gained or wondering why I have failed to gain weight for this week. Instead, I can just spend the day feling happy and healthy. I think I have reached the stage in my recovery where I no longer need to worry so much about gaining a set amount of weight each week.

I know that I have not yet reached my set natural set point weight yet but if I continue to eat my recovery amounts, I know that this will eventually happen. I know that my bmi is no longer dangerously low and this relieves some of the pressure to gain weight at a specific rate. Now I feel as tthough it is just ok to let my body sort everything out itself. Afterall, bodies are extremely complex things and I really am starting to trust my body to look after me. I know that my body is much smarter then I am and can look after itsef without me taking charge, as long as I provide it with the energy it needs.

Look at babies and small children. They do not need to consciously look after their bodies, their bodies just do everything for them. I know that in order to recover I need to let go of the control I have taken over my body and I believe that this is the first sttep in doing that. So I do not plan to closely track my weight anymore. I will let my gp weigh me if I go and see her and I may weigh myself spontaneously occasionally, to make sure that I haven't lost weight but other then that I just want to let my body sort its self out.

I am feeling really positive about this change and want to thank Laura for reminding me that it is not always necessary to focus so much on numbers and to have strict recovery plans while fighting your eating disorder. I know that I am eating enough in order to recover and since I am feeling so strong and healthy, I dont really care if it takes two weeks or two months for me to reach my natural set point weight. I trust that my body will get me there in its own time.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this amazing step! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sera <3 I replied to your email. I hope you got it ok? xx

      Delete
  2. This makes me so happy to hear Karly! Well done you. You sound so positive and strong! Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurra, I really do feel fantastic at the moment. As though nothing can get me down. :) xx

      Delete
  3. This feels like such an important step in your recovery journey! I feel like I could hug you I'm so proud and happy for you! I hope you keep flying onwards and upwards from here! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. Please keep fighting, you deserve to be able to fly onwrads and upwards in your recovery too <3 xx

      Delete