Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 23: If you won the lottery....

if I won the lottery, I would try and open up an eating disorder clinic in Tasmania (The state of Australia that I live in), or atleast contribute to the opening of one. I know that there would be a lot involved in this and it may not be possible no matter how much money I had however that would still be my first dream, If I was to win the lottery.

I hate the fact that there is such little help for people who suffer from eatng disorders in Tasmania and think that it is wrong that people who are not in private health coverage may not have the same opportuunities to recover as those that aren't. Everyone deserves to live a life free of an eating disorder and It would be wonderful to set up a clinic so that I could help to make this happen.

If I couldn't set up a clinic, I would atleast like to form some kind of support organisation so that people suffering from eaating disorders would no longer feel alone, as I did when I was at my sickest. I know how awful living with an eating disorder can be and all I will say is that it is no wonder that so many people living with eating disorders dont survive. It is also no wonder that many people take there own lives, as one of my cousins who was suffering fom Anorexia did.

While I never seriously considered taking my own life, I could see exactly why so many people suffering from anorexia do. When you feel so miserable living the way you are but it also feels truly impossible to change, it can leave you feeling extremely depressed and helpless. You start to think that you would rather just not be around anymore, as it feels as though dying is the only thing that will ever take the pain away.

But you can fight! No matter how impossible getting better may seem it is always possible, for everyone. My dream is to show people that they can get better as well as actually helping them to do it. So this is what I would do if I won the lotttery, put it back into helping others recover. What would you do if you won the lottery?



No comments:

Post a Comment