Wednesday 1 July 2015

Weigh in Wednesday

I can' believe it is Wednesday once again. And it is the 1st of july! The weeks and months are just flying by so fast, the year wll be over before we know it. I weighed myself this morning to find that I have gained a little weight (300g) which I suppose is better than nothing as it shows that the extra food I have been eating has made a bit of a difference. So this week I just plan to continue doing wat Ihave been doing and fingers crossed I keep gaining a bit of weight.


I do not mind that the rate I am now gaining weight is slower then I was gaining weight as I am now getting closer and closer to reaching my healthy natural set point and I know that I am no longer dangerously underweight. So if I just continue to take my weight gain slow and steady from now on I think it will be for the best as it allows me to adjust to the weight gain more comfortably and will still allow me to eventually reach my desired healthy weight.  

Even though I am eating much more then the average person would, I know that my body still needs every bit of energy I am giving it. In recovery it is easy to think that we are 'eating too much' but we always need to try and remember that this certainly isn't the case. The fact that I stopped gaining weight whilst eating 3000 calories tells me that my body was using every bit of that energy for repair and everyday functioning. 

Also, I always know when it is meal time without looking at a clock as my stomach starts screaming out for more food. I get so hungry before each meal which I know is my bodies way of telling me that it needs more energy. So don't feel guilty for the recovery amounts of food you are eating, instead feel happy that you are giving your body exactly what it needs. The amount other people are eating really doesn't matter. Just concentrate on yourself and your own needs.

I am finally feeling completely healthy again as my runny nose and sick feelings have both completely passed. Something that truly amazes me is how wonderful my immune system now is, now that I am eating so much and looking after my body so well. Even when I get something like a cold, I barely even know it's there as my immune system must just fight it off before it makes me sick. 

I feel so strong and alive now that I am giving my body what it needs and even though I have been working so much lately, I have still had all the energy I require to get through each day.  I am working at the supermarket with my mum this morning which should be interesting. I will let you all know how it goes. Have a good day everyone. I am going to make myself breakfast, my stomach tells me it is breakfast time! ;) 

7 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to hear that everything is going well with you Karly! You are so strong and deserve happiness! Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I just had the strength to feel the same as you do, that gaining weight is something positive. All I feel is fear, pain, losing control over everything that happens, helpless against anorexia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the exact same position as you once Mary so there is no reason why you cant feel the same way about weight gain as I feel at the moment. :) just keep fighting and you will get there. At first it will be painful but thats ok, you are strong enough to get through it and then slowly it will get easier. <3 xx

      Delete
    2. I was in the exact same position as you once Mary so there is no reason why you cant feel the same way about weight gain as I feel at the moment. :) just keep fighting and you will get there. At first it will be painful but thats ok, you are strong enough to get through it and then slowly it will get easier. <3 xx

      Delete
  4. What helped you change your mind concerning weight gain? Do you have any advice for me? <3 xx

    ReplyDelete