Thursday 23 July 2015

Dont let one bad thing spoil a wonderful day

I didn't even want to go outside and walk Tess this morning because I was feeling so self conscious about the skin infection around my left eye. However eventually I realised that I was being silly to focus so much on this one little negative thing, when so there are so many positive things about the day. So what if someone saw me? What other people think of me really doesn't matter anyway, all that matters is what Ithink of myself.

Once I got out on my walk, I soon forgot about my skin infection as my walk was truly gorgeous. The whole time I was walking I just kept thinking, 'I am living in paradise.' The ocean was beautiful, there was no wind and the sun was shining down on me. I alo had my beautifful dog (and best friend) by my side. What else could I have asked for. No my skin may not be perfect now, but there are so many other things in my life that are incredible. I dont need perfect skin to be happy, I just need to be myself and appreciate all of the good in my life. 
I don't usually post pictures of myself on my blog when my skin is really bad but today I have decided to post some pictures of me. I think that it is important for me to be able to do this as it is almost like accepting the fact that I will not always look my best and that is completely ok. This does not mean I should hide away or feel ashaimed. No one is perfect and I know that the people who really matter will always love and care about me, no matter what I look like.

Another reason why I wanted to post some pictures like this is because I wanted to show you all that it is ok to be yourself and that you should never be ashaimed of how you look. Only posting really nice pictures on my blog, in a way, completely goes against everything I stand for and am trying to make myself believe. I believe that in order to recover I need to fully accept myself all the time, no matter how clear my skin is or no matter how much I weigh. 

Never forget tht everybody in this world is beautiful as long as they are themselves. <3 xx 
Me and my best friend <3

'A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear'

I really like how you can see mine and Tess's shadow in the water, standing side by side

Just a minute or so from where I live

I took this while sitting on a seat with Tess in the sun

The mountain range you can see in the background are called the hazards and they enclose the bay where I live

8 comments:

  1. aww hun ! such a lovely post i love it so much <3 and just to say you look so so beautiful !! i wouldnt have even taken note of the skin infection hun if you hadnt pointed it out. everyone gets ba skin sometimes!!
    on a similar topic hun yesterday i went out for a day out with my friends in mullingar. because of my feet i cant wear pumps or other nice shoes for walking around for more than a few minutes. and i thought, oh no, i dont want people to see me wearing runners with my summer dress. but then i thought, i dont care what others think of me or if they think i look silly, and im going to go and enjoy myself. which i really did. life is too short to let ourselves be governed by other peoples opinions and judgments. Fair play to you hun. You are an inspiration and you look stunning, whatever you may think yourself, you are beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Emmy Thank you so much! And you are right, life is way too short to worry about what others think. And I know you would have looked gorgeous no matter what you were wearing :) <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Well done for doing this Karly, you are still beautiful, but you're right, we are not defined by our bodies or our skin etc! I'm so happy that you took this step etc, as you are not only helping yourself but you are also helping others with realising that we are not perfect and everyone has their insecurities, but it is how you deal with them that matters. Love Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, so much! That is exactly right, I am glad that you can see the message I was trying to get accross <3 xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this is soo difficult :(
    I went to the hairdresser 2 days ago to colour my hair and it looks horrible :( the top is red and the rest blond/brown. My hairdresser calls it ombré. I really regret this decision and the fact that I am too shy too criticise anyone :(
    Now I am unhappy and don't want anyone to see me. I hope the colour will be washed out soon. I'm going to have a shower 3 times a day now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Oh I am so sorry you didn't like your new hair colour, I can see hoe hard this wpuld be :( I can also completely understand you being too shy to speak up to the hairdresser as this has been a problem for me in the past too. I have been thinking about how you are going lately and would love to have a FB chat catch up... I hope to talk to you soon gorgeous <3 xx

      Delete
  4. You still look beautiful to me Karly, no matter what. You are beautiful, Tess is beautiful and the surroundings you are in are beautiful which makes your photos extra beautiful. I'm so proud of you always for the strength you never cease to show. Love always xxx

    ReplyDelete