Thursday 9 July 2015

Sleeping in and feeling positive

I couldn't believe it when I got up this morning, turned on the light ad saw that it was 6:30am. Ok, I know that this isn't a real sleep in for a normal person, in fact many people would consider this as getting up early, but for me it is a sleep in. I cant remember the last time I slept past 5am and quite often it is much earlier then this (like 3:30am). I probably would have slept even later still if it wasn't for Tess coming and waking me up. She was probably wondering what was going on I am usually up hours before then. I would really love too be able to start sleeping later everyday so fingers crossed that this is just the first of many 'sleep ins'.

I am feeling really fantastic and positive today. My boss text me last night to tell me our training that was supposed to be on today was cancelled which means that I get the day off which I am really happy about! It means that I can have a relaxing morning and then I will be able to spend the afternoon with Amy as my mum is working and Amy is on school holidays. I am feeling full of energy so I will probably rug up (As it is icy out again today) and take Tess for a nice walk or perhaps even a short run, I will see how I am feeling when the time comes.

I did yoga last night for the first time and I loved it! I have paid for 4 more weeks in advance and really hope that I can get to all of those sessions. I am so glad I decided to give it a go as I really felt fantastic while I was doing the yoga and even now, afterwards. I think that I will be able to build up some more strength throughout all of my body and I also think the mindfullness side of yoga will really help me too. I can now see why some eating disorder ttreatment cenntres have yoga programs for their patients to participate in. After doing a proper yoga session I really can see how yoga can help to heal both the body and mind.

When I got home from yoga, I saw that my mum had left a little gift for me. It was a beautiful fridge magnet that her and my sister had boughtt me that day when they went and visited Bicheno, a nearby town to where we live.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic day today <3 Does anyone have anything interesting planned?



9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you managed to have a bit of a sleep in! I hope it happens again for you and you can start to feel more and more refreshed! Also, great news about having an extra day off! I hope you have a good time with Amy! That fridge magnet is beautiful! I love fridge magnets, you should see my fridge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie <3 How do you sleep? Do you have insomnia? xx

      Delete
    2. I have had terrible insomnia in the recent past, but for some reason at the moment, things are going well on the sleep front! I do struggle to get to sleep, but after that it's ok! I hope it carries on! Have you always struggled with waking up early? Xx

      Delete
    3. Yes I have. I have always seemed to be able to get to sleep ok, however for years now I have woken really early. Because I always eat breakfat so early, I think my body is used tto being fed at that time and I therefore wake up witth hunger pains most mornings. I could probably stop this if I really wanted to by sarting to eat later each day however I actually like being up early each morning. It gives me lots of time to blog, reply to emails, walk Tess and get ready before I go to work each day. It would be nivce to be able to sleep in on the weekends though. Not really late as then I would feel as though I had wasted the day, just to 8am or something like that. :) xx

      Delete
    4. Do you get tired though, waking up so early every morning? What time do you go to sleep at night? It must be a nice feeling knowing that you have been up without wasting the day! Xx

      Delete
    5. Yeah I do get really tired sometimes Annie. Although I am usually so exhausted that I fall asleep early each night whilst Iam watching tv. Or I go to bed pretty early when I am feeling exhausted, like 9pm sometimes. xx :)

      Delete
    6. Aw bless you! Maybe that's why you wake up so early if you go to bed earlier? But I understand falling asleep when you feel so exhausted. It must be just the way your body clock is at the moment? Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry that this is so late, but I'm so glad that you are feeling positive! Love Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I hope that you are doing ok? <3 xx

      Delete