Monday 27 July 2015

Day 20: What makes you happy

I have decided to choose 3 things that make me happy as I couldn't chose just one.

The first thing that makes me inredibly happy is my beautiful dog Tess. Tess is so special to me and I really don't know what I would do with out her. One of the things Ifear most is something happening to Tess resulting in me losing her.  She is my best friend and I can always rely on her to  make me smile. Tess has the amazing ability of knowing how I am feeling. Whenever I am down or upset she always stays extra close and shows me lots of affection which makes me feel so much better.



Another thing that makes me really happy if food and eating. This would probably sound strange to some people as they do not realise just how much anorexics generally love food. As long as I feel as though I am in control of my food I love it and love eating. I look forward to my meal times when I know I can eat and eating yummy things (which is like everything to me) really cheers me up.While I am no longer obsessed with food as I was when I was severely restricting my intake, I think I still do like eating more then normal people do.

Something else that makes me happy is talking to and helping people all around the world who are also suffering from eating disorders. Ever since I developed anorexia myself and felt the desperation that comes with suffering from an eaating disorder, I have known that I wanted to recover and then help others to do the same. Knowing that I am making some kind of positive difference to a few people trying to recover from anorexia means the wabsolute world to me and makes me feel incredibely happy. 

7 comments:

  1. Exactly this Karly! I feel as though I like food more than normal people and really look forward to eating, as embarrassed and ashamed as I am to admit that (due to anorexia in my head). I feel that this is one of the things that makes me want to stick at eating how much I'm eating now, as I feel that I would miss the food that I'm eating now if I were to reduce my intake more...this worries me slightly, but it is this and the fact that I don't have my period yet that keeps me accepting the weight gain and eating... Love Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to be able to share these types of things with people who truly understand. I also felt very ashaimed for liking food so much because of my anorexia and I could never actually admit to enjoying food or eating, even when I did. I dont think you will ever have to reduce your intake more Laura. I think that what you are eating would be a maintenence diet :D xx keep fighting gorgeous

      Delete
    2. Thank you Karly! Xx

      Delete
  2. You are so beautiful from inside out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That is such a lovely thing for you to say. <3 xx

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful, meaningful things that make you happy Karly, and the last one is so selfless of you which shows just how wonderful a person you are! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete