Friday 31 July 2015

Good morning

Finally Friday morning is here which means that the weekend is just around the corner. I am feeling happy and positive this morning, even if I do feel a little sick after the breakfast I just ate. For breakfast I had a huge bowl of chocolate oats which was really nice but super rich and filling. I haven't eaten chocolate oats for like 12 months as I had basically forgotten about it until I saw a photo of chocolate oats on another persons blog a few days ago. I think I will have it again in the future however I will just have a smaller portion and have toast as well, so I dont end up feeling this full and uncomfortable.


To make my Chocolate Oats I used 80g of oats, 15g of pure cocoa powder, 50g of sweetner as well as 1 and a half cups of milk. I then cooked it in the microwave until it thickened. It seemed to go really gluggy so I added some cold water to it as well once it had finished cooking which improved its consistency and also cooled it down so I could eat it straight away.   

I slept until 6am this morning, for the secong morning in a row which I hope means that my sleeping pattern is starting to normalise. After years of getting up at 5am or earlier it has been a hard routine to break but I really hope that I can continue sleeping later like this. Atleast then I can manage to stay awake later then 8pm. ;) Tonight after work at the bank I am going to babysit for someone (from 6:30 until 11:30), so I will have to stay awake quite late which I will probably struggle with, especially after a llong day at work today. But luckily I have all of tomorrow to rest and recover as it will be Saturday and I don't have to work this weekend. 

On Sunday I am going to Hobart with my dad ad sister as my sister is competing with her school in the cheerleading championships. Cheerleading is not traditionally a big sport in Australia but it is just starting to get bigger now. My sister is really good at all of the tricks (like forwards and backwards walkovers) so gets to do those throughout the routine. I havent told her as I know she would be devastated but I doubt she will bbe able to do tthose types of tricks in a few years time because she also has ligamentous laxity and dislocating joints like me. She really wants to do gymnastics in high school but I dont think her body wil cope with it at all. Afterall, I couldn't even keep up my competitive swimming which is much less sressful on the body then gymnastics or cheerleading is.

I better start getting ready for work. I still have to iron my uniform which takes me forever as I am really bad at ironing and hate it, walk Tess, cut my lunch and drive to Bicheno. I hope that everybody has a fantastic day. :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Is ligamentous laxity the same thing as Ehlers-Danlos, or just garden-variety hypermobility? (Note: I don't mean to sound dismissive if it's the last. It sounds like a real pain either way, and I'm sorry you had to give up swimming).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No its just like hypermobility. Dont worry i know you didnt mean it like that :) unfortunately my joints dont just move more loosely than normal peoples do though, they actually dislocate :/ but i know i shouldnt complain. I could have a lot worse wrong with me then that. Xx

      Delete