Tuesday 14 July 2015

Day 7: Your 5 favourite songs

The following five songs alll mean something special to me;

1: Mean by Taylor Swift
This song was one of my fvourite songs when I was in my half recovered stage as it reminded me of my anorexia and it gave me hope that oneday I would overcome my eating disorder. If you listen to the words they are actually quite relevant...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYa1eI1hpDE

2: Summer of 69 by Brian Adams
This song is  classic and I has always been a favourite of my whole families. I remember listening to this song at every family gathering or party and singing along with my loved ones. It is a bit like a family anthem for us.

3: The way it is by Lee Kernaghan
This country song reminds me of growing up on a farm and really highlights the connection I feel to the land and to the country. I love our country way of life and will always be a country girl, no matter where I end up.

4: Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
This is anoyther recovery song of mine that really reminds me of my recovery I wrote a post on it a while a go that you can read here: http://fighting-anorexia.blogspot.com.au/search/label/recovery%20songs

5: Still the one by Shania Twain
Ever since I was a little girl, this is  the song that I hae always wanted to play at my wedding. I think it is a really beautiful song and I think that the words really desribe true love well and have influenced my ideas and beliefs about what true love actually means.

5 comments:

  1. I love numbers 1, 2 and 4!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great songs Annie! Have you ever thought about the way Mean can relate to anorexia before. If you listen to the verses and chorus it actually relates so well to the way our anorexia treats us. x

      Delete
    2. I sang a cover of it a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXmYBK6EDc

      I agree with you about how it can relate to anorexia, definitely how anorexia is mean to us. It's good that we can tell anorexia that it's mean, it shows we're fighting! Xx

      Delete
    3. Wow Annie, I didn't know that you can sing <3 You sound great! And it was so brave for you to put it online :) x

      Delete
    4. Aw thank you :) I love singing! I'm in my church choir, although I have missed a few months from being in hospital and then not being able to leave the house. You're making me want to go back to sing, thank you lovely! Xx

      Delete