Friday 24 July 2015

Focusing less on my weight

I have decided that since weighing my self courses me more anxiety then anything else, I am going to set myself the challenge of not weighing myself for 1 month. I will see how I feel after the month and if I want to, I may continue this challenge even longer. The thing is, I really dont need to know my exact weight to know whether I am healthy or not and I feel ass though seeing my weight go up only makes me feel terrible, whether I can a tully see any difference in myself or my body or not.

Afetrall, why does the number on the scale mater so much anway or even my bmi? I felt as though weighing myself really was necesssary while I was stlll underweight as I needed to make sure I was making enough progress with my weight gain and my mind also was not healthy enough so that I could trust what I saw i the mirror. For example my anorexia would distort my reflection and make me believe l looked much bigger when in fact I had not gined any weight at all.

Now however I trust myself enough to keep a check on my weight by looking at my body and seeing how my clothes fit me. I dont need aa scale to tell me an exact number to know that I am healthy. I believe that this will also let me allow my weight to settle at my natural set point weight if I am yet to reach it as I wont feel anywhere near as anxious about gaining a little extra weight, If I am not weighing myself and therefore have no evidence it is happening.

If anyoe would like to join me on this month without the scale please feel free to do it. Even if you are weighed by a doctor or specilist regularly, you can still participate as you just need to ask if you can do a blind weigh in.


3 comments:

  1. Wow I really admire you for doing this. How are you going to make sure that you don't lose weight though? I hope you're ok! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just hoping that I will be able to tell by looking at how my clothes fit and by looking at my body. Ishouls also be ble to tell as Iknow Iwill start feeling the cold more again and will start feeling hngry all the time. I guess in a way it is just going to be a bit of a test for myself to make sure that I can maintain me weight. If by any chance I did lose a little weight over the next month, I would just increase my intake again in a months time to make sure I regained the weight :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so insightful about yourself! That's a really good thing. I think you're so brave to do this and I'm sure it will be good for you because you really are learning to look after yourself and not listen to anorexia. I've never met anyone so recovery focused as you before, you never cease to amaze me <3 xx

    ReplyDelete