Saturday 11 July 2015

Day 4: Your dream job

While I quite enjoy both of my jobs, neither of them are my dream jobs. My ultimate dream job would be a job where I could help people suffering from eating disorders. This is the main reason I began the medical research degree at university and also why I was interested in nursing however at this stage in my life, studying just isn't a healthy thing for me to do so I had to put the dream career of helping others suffering from eating disorders on hold for a while.
I do enjoy my job at the bank though and can see myself doing this in the long term however since my job at the bank is only part time, there may be an oportunity to have another job too, that would allow me to help people suffering from eating disorders. I guess I will just see where life takes me. I suppose the thing is I do not need to get a degree in order to help people to recover from eating disorders.

I can always just help people through things like my blog and other events that happen throughout the country. Perhaps I could even organise something in the future to raise awareness and money for eating disorders. The possibilities really are endless. Does anyone else out there dream of helping other people recover from eating disorders?

I think the reason I want to do this so much is because I felt so alone when I was sick, like no one could help me. I also felt like getting better was impossible. I want to be there to show sufferers that recoverig from an eating disorder is possible and I want to be there to help sufferers do it. Recovery is such a hard battle and being alone only makes it harder. I do not think anyone should feel alone while trying to recover.

7 comments:

  1. I knew I wanted to help people, not specifically those with eating disorders...so I went to uni and became an occupational therapist. It's great and I can have the opportunity to work in mental health or many disability areas duirng my career :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a wonderful career. I wish you all the best. <3

      Delete
  2. That's amazing that you began the medical research degree at university :)
    I am also interested in nursing and It helps me
    Thanks

    Get Professional Paper Writers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually loved the degree and did really well in it. It was just the pressure I put on myself that I could not handle. I can see how having a dream like doing nursing would help to motivate you each day. Stay strong and you will become a nurse, all that you need to do is believe in yourself! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. Karly, did you have to stop university temporarily because of anorexia? I know for me I could not complete my y11 IGCSE exams and my y12 IB and have decided to pursue a less stressful course in Australia because of it so I can completely understand where you're coming from. I was too perfectionist and put too much pressure on myself. Was this why you stopped too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is why I had too stop Georgia :( I just put so much pressure on myself and my overall mental health was really bad. I got to the stage that I would feel guilty every minute of every day if I was not studying and had absolutely no life which made me miserable. So I had to do what was right for my hapiness and health and stop. I am so glad that I did though as otherwise I know I woldn't have been able to make the recovery progress that I have <3 I hope that you find the less stressful course better for you <3 you deserve to be happy! x

      Delete
  4. First of all I want to say that your blog title is very nice " Fighting Anorexia "
    After reading this post I am very happy
    Thanks
    Best Help with Online Assignments

    ReplyDelete