Monday 6 July 2015

Feeling positive

After a wonderful and relaxing weekend I am feeling completely ready to start a brand new week. I am not going to go to work today expecting for things to be horrible with my co-worker. Instead I am going to go with a completely open mind and just hope that this week things will be better then they were last week. Afterall, I know that if I go to work with a negative mindset, this will reflect on my work and make me feel miserable before anything even goes wrong. I know if I try my hardest to stay positive I will have a much better day!

I am feeling so much better in myself and I think that this is because I am no longer feeling as stressed about what is going on at home. I talked to my mum again yesterday when I visited my family and I think we are now all on the same page. She knows she has to try harder and I can see that she is really starting to try her best which is all I will ever ask of her. I feel a little bad now for getting angry at her as I remember what it feels like to feel as though recovery is impossible and to feel as though nobody understands. 

From now on I will try my hardest to support her in everyway that I can. My mum actually said to me last night that now she is experiencing something simlar, she feels guilty for not supporting me when I was sick. My mum only ever got angry with me as she thought I was choosing to be anorexic but I think she can now finally see that I wasn't choosing at all. She can now see that recovery really did seem impossible to me and the only thing I thought I could do that wouldn't be unbarably painful was to continue to starve myself and to exercise.

I am happy with where I am at at the moment. I know I still have some more progress to make before I am fully recovered but I also know that I have done incredibely well over the last few months and made more progress then I ever thought was possible. So for the next week I am not going to set challenges for myself or concentrate on what I weigh but instead I just want to enjoy being healthy and being alive. 

I will keep eating according to my meal plan of course and keep blogging but as for everything else, I want to give myself a week or so off, so I can simply just be happy. Afterall, that is why we are recovering in the frst place, so that we can enjoy life the way we all should and desere to. 

I want to thank everyone (all my readers) for all of their support lately on blog and through email. I honestly dont know what I would do without you all. I received a lot more lovely comments and emails throughout the night that I will try and reply to asap. I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! :) Try you hardest to stay positive and wonderful things WILL happen!     





 


2 comments:

  1. This all sounds so positive Karly, well done and I'm so happy for you! Love Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura. You really have helped me to get to this mindset so thank you! <3 xx

      Delete