Saturday 4 July 2015

My day

Considering how down I was feeling last night, overall I have had a really good day. This morning I just relaxed which I felt as though I really needed. I took Tess for a walk arond waterloo point which is a walking track by the ocean. I used to walk there every single day however I havent done it for a month or more, ever since I have been walking for only short distances.

After relaxing for most of the day, I headed up to my family home to visit everyone however only Amy and mum were home. I could see that my mum was really upset so I tried to talk to her which I think went quite well. I am no longer feeling angry towards her, but instead just very sorry for her. I know that she is battling an awful illness and understand the complete desperation she is feeling.

I so wish that I could somehow help her but I really don't think I can, which really upsets me. Afterall, I really just want her to get better. Today my mum told me about a conversation she had with Luke, my younger brother last weekend and I think that some of the things he said to her were really special.

Firstly, he told my mum that she was an incrediely wonderful mum when we were really little kids, and that he just wanted her to be the same kind of mum to Amy, while she is still little. I think it is so important that Luke said this as he is so right. I had almost forgotten how wonderful mum was to us when we were young children, when really I shouldn't have.

The other thing he said to my mum truly touched my heart. He said, 'Mum anything is possible, just look at Karly. We never thought she was going to get better and look at her now.' Hearing mum repeat those word to me made me feel so happy and wonderful. After feeling self conscious at various times today, none of that mattered to me anymore. Who cares if my bum was getting bigger, my little brother could see the progress I had made and believed in me.

When mum and I went back inside to where Amy was, Amy asked mum if she could stay the night at my house. I was worried about how mum would react but she was ok with it and said that she could come and stay as long as she was back home early tomorrow morning. Amy and I waited at home with mum until Dad and Luke got home and then we left after spending a little time with them.

When we got back to my place Tess was eagerly waiting outside for us and she was happy to see I had Amy with me. Amy and I didn't get hom until quite late so we both just had soup with fresh bread for tea. Now we are both watching Night at the Museum which is a movie I quite like, but that Amy has never seen. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!








2 comments: