Wednesday 22 July 2015

Need something to fight for

In order to recover, I really do believe that you need to have something that you want to recover for. You need to have something to think of when you anorexia challenges you, that can motivate you to fight with all you have and win. If youu dont have anything to fight for, your anorexia will win every single time as you really need to have a purpose for fighting.


This may be something specific like wanting to get into a particular degree at university or it may be for a particular person. Or it could be something less specific like simply because you want happiness or you want to survive. No matter how awful your life may seem, everyone has sometthing worth fighting for and if you can identify that then recovery will becoming a little easier for you.

For me, I fight for true hapiness as this is my main goal in life. At the end of the day I honestly dont care what job I have, as long as I am happy. I dont care where Ilive or how much money I have, all that matters to me is being happy. I know that I cannot be truly happy (although life does feel pretty good at the moment) until I make a full recovery from anorexia and that is why I am determined to keep going.


I also fight for the people In my life who I love. My grandparents, brothers, mum, friends and in particular my sister and dad as they are the people I am the closest to in my life. I have started to want to recover for myself too but I have wanted to recover for da and Amy even more. I want to be here for my sister as she grows up to make sure she stays happy, healthy and safe. I also want to recover for my dad because I know that I broke his heart when he could see me killing myself when he felt like there was nothing at all he could do.

The other thing thing I aways think of is all of you, my wonderful readers. You have been possibely my biggest motivation since starting to recover as I feel as though I must fight my anorexia, everytime it reatrs its ugly head for you all. I want to prove to you all that it is possible to fight your anorexia and beat it and I don't want to let any of you down. Having all of you believe in me is a truly amazing feeing and I will be thankful to you all l long as I live as you really have helped to save my life, as you (my audience) have all become something for me to fight for.


So no matter what my anorexia throws my way, I know I can overcome it as I want all of these wonderful things way more then I want my anorexia. I know that I can fight my anorexia because I have all of these wonderful things in my life worth fighting for. Try to figure out exactly what you are fighting for so that you can think about that everytime you are tempted to listen to your anorexic thoughts. Trust me, it really does help.

Feel free to comment the things that you are fighting for below. This will hopefully help others by inspiring them to think of different things in their life that are worth fightinng for.


2 comments:

  1. I fight for my husband, my mum, who love me no matter how I behave or feel due to my ed, and for myself, because I want to stop dreaming of the person I always wanted to be, I want to be her. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing the things you fight for Marie. It is because you have such important things to fight for that I know that you will never give up! Keep fighting :) x

      Delete